New Mexico Grant Writing, Engineering, & Planning Program (GWEP)
What is the Grant Writing, Engineering, and Planning (GWEP) Grant:
- The Office of Broadband Access and Expansion (OBAE) will award financial assistance grants to aid Tribal governments and local governmental units in procuring grant writing, engineering, and/or planning assistance to help identify community broadband needs and to support applying for other funding sources for broadband-related projects.
Who may apply:
- Tribal governments
- Local governmental units (federal government, state government, local/municipal governments, public or municipal organizations that are government owned and operated, units of a state university system)
- Rulemaking is in progress to open this opportunity to rural telephone cooperatives and rural electric cooperatives at a future date; this will be announced when eligible
What kind of funding is available?
- Maximum grant award is $100,000
- Grant funds are limited; application will remain open until all funds are obligated.
- Matching funds are not required.
How to apply:
- We have created an application portal through Submittable . Use the button below to apply.